- On January 6, 2012 a 3.2-kW grid-tied solar array was installed on the south side of Ben Franklin Hall on the lower campus of Bloomsburg University. The array was installed as the first phase of a broader project to develop a solar array and educational kiosk on the Bloomsburg University campus. The second phase of the project will involve the construction of an eductional kiosk on the north side of Ben Franklin Hall. The kiosk will provide a tangible means for the campus community to learn about solar technology and energy usage on campus.
- The principal Facilities staff who helped with the solar array are:
- Emil Mikle – Project Manager for Planning and Construction
- Robert Belusko - ICC Building Code and Quality Assurance Inspector for Planning and Construction
- Dick Bankes – Facilities Asst. Dir. of Maintenance and Operations
- Jeff Wolfe – Facilities Supervisor of Electrical Services
- Rich Yoder – Facilities Supervisor of Grounds
- This project was supported by funds from:
- A 2011 Bloomsburg University Presidential Strategic Initiative Grant ($5,000),
- A 2011 Bloomsburg University Foundation Margin of Excelllence Grant ($10,000), and
- The Bloomsburg University Green Campus Initiative (GCI) ($1,000).
- Related Funding: