Earth Day Features
- Tree Planting (Friday, April 19, behind McCormick Center, 10:00 am)
- HOPE-sponsored activities (Thursday, April 19, academic quad sculpture garden)
- Recylable Bottle Display
- Green Awareness
- Crafts including bead-making, hemp bracelets, tie dying
- Coal Pinata
- Hula Hoop
- Baked goods
- Invitations to environmental groups from off campus (not necessarily just HOPE’s task)
- Volleyball (Thursday, April 19, academic quad)
- Tours (click here to go to sign up page for tours)
- Bloomsburg University Steam Plant (Thursday, April 19)
- Bloomsburg Recycling Center (Thursday, April 19)
- Dr. Ben Franek Watershed Tour (Friday, April 20)
- Lectures (held in conjunction with the 2012 Frederick Douglas Conference)
- “An Inconvenient Truth” from Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project – presented by Frederic Joyce, MD via Skype, Thursday, April 19 at 12:30 p.m. in the Kehr Union Ballroom. Dr. Joyce will present an updated verstion of Al Gore's Academay Award Winning presentation about Global Climate Change. (For poster click here)
- Mark Spalding, Chairman and President of Ocean Foundation, Thursday, April 19 at 7 PM, in the Kehr Union Ballroom. A leader in ocean presentation, Mark Spalding will present "What the Oceans are Telling Us and Why it Matters."
- Justin Hall-Tipping, venture capitalist and CEO of Nanoholdings, a company that focuses on solutions to global climate change that employ nanotechnology, Friday, April 20 at 3:00 p.m. Kehr Union Ballroom. He will present, "When Normal Isn't: How Nanotechnology Will Change The World." (For poster click here)
- Farmers Market kickoff (Friday, April 20, 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, between Navy Hall and Bakeless Center)
- Organic meat grill (beginning at 11:15 am)
- Dining Service Features
- Five days, April 16 to 20 – Mon. Trayless at the Commons, Tues. Dark at the Commons, Wed. Free coffee refills if you bring your own vessel, Thurs. Meatless Entries, Fri. Sustainable seafood
- Tasting vegan (free) dishes outside the venue for “Inconvenient Truth” (Thursday, April 19)
- Free coffee on Quad (Thursday, April 19) and at Market (Friday, April 20)
Tables for the Thursday outdoor celebration are available for you and your group.
If you have questions contact the SOLVE Office at 389-4788 or stop by 224 Warren Student Services Center to sign up for a Thursday table or write to Tim Pelton at email@example.com.
Click here for attendance spreadsheets for "An Inconvenient Truth"
Click here for attendance spreadsheets for Justin Hall-Tipping